In a recent blog post (you can read it right here!) we discussed ideas for how to make the most of the winter months with worthwhile home improvement projects.
Today, let’s take a look at how you can maximize this colder, darker season by making updates that boost long-term value as well. Whether you are considering selling in the near future or simply want to maximize your quality of life, these are practical improvements that you’ll never regret.
Home Improvement with a Return On Investment
Here are several updates that will offer a strong return on your investment down the road:
- Kitchens and Bathrooms – High-quality, timeless updates to your kitchen and bathroom are never a bad idea. Homeowners (and prospective buyers) tend to gravitate toward these spaces first, and put immense value on aesthetically pleasing, functional designs. Kitchens and baths are also less forgiving and quickly show their age, damaging value.
- Efficiency – Homeowners today want efficiency just as much as style. In recent years materials have come onto the market that can help keep you comfortable while saving you a tremendous amount on utilities each month. High-efficiency windows, doors, and heating/cooling systems will pay you back both with short-term savings and long-term value.
- Painting – Believe it or not, your interior paint is one of the most valuable tools in your toolkit. Stick with warm neutrals for resale value in particular!
- Maximize Space – A creative building professional can turn lost opportunities (like attics or basements) into awesome selling features. Home offices, guest rooms, rec rooms for kids, etc…
- Introduce Technology – The beauty of technology in the home is that it adds both convenience and efficiency. Smart thermostats, for example, provide a way to maximize your heating dollars by adapting to your needs and schedule.
Invest in Value
Home improvement is filled with opportunities to cut corners and save a buck, but that is never the best decision in the long-run. Here at Gerety Building & Restoration, we believe in (and have demonstrated) the value of true craftsmanship, and know that it is always worth the investment.
Take the time to find the right professional to best meet your needs, and the unique needs of your home!