Refined Over 35 years as a Building Contractor
Becoming the residential building contractor of choice for some of the finest homes in Westchester and Fairfield counties doesn’t happen overnight. It takes years – no, make that decades – to put together the best professional tradespeople and the highest quality materials, to anticipate problems and to develop creative solutions, to make sure every detail is covered and all projects run smoothly.
Gerety Building & Restoration has more than 35 years of experience as a building contractor and in custom design-build. Our process is built upon direct owner involvement in every home improvement remodeling project and the knowledge and insight that can only come from being hands-on.
- Client Meetings – We spend considerable time with our clients to develop a clear and concise plan, and to have a thorough understanding of your expectations. Whether you are working with our in-house custom design-build staff or have your own architect and designer, they will also be a part of our meeting. During construction, we arrange weekly or daily client meetings.
- Permitting – We shepherd a project through the local permitting process and submit all certificates of insurance and licensing. In addition, you receive a folder with proof of workman’s comp and liability. With decades of experience as a building contractor, Gerety has developed good working relationships with permit offices and building inspectors and we know the variations from town to town. Should you need to appeal to a zoning board for a variance, we will accompany you to the meetings.
- Engineering consultation – Depending on the scope of your home improvement remodeling project, structural and general engineering consultation may be required. Before we remove any walls or change a roof’s pitch, we make sure that there is sufficient load support and develop solutions that are both structurally and aesthetically suitable.
- Construction phase– Keeping a project on track and as stress-free as possible for the homeowner requires on-site attention and experienced project management. Keith Gerety personally supervises all projects. In addition, each project has an on-site foreman to coordinate all scheduling. Because most homeowners remain in their house during the project, we know how important it is to have meticulous clean-up at the end of the work day. Gerety is sensitive to family needs, especially when there are small children or pets in the home.
- Post-completion – Should you require any follow-up related to your project, we are here for you. Our reputation is not based on short-term results, but on our focus in building long-term relationships.
Click here to learn more about our commitment to customer service and satisfaction.