When it comes to painting, we understand that our customers expect perfection. Both interior and exterior painting requires a skilled hand to provide beautiful surfaces and lasting results. The professional painters and craftsmen at Gerety Building and Restoration have more than 35 years’ experience beautifying residential homes with fresh paint.
The inside and outside of your home should reflect your lifestyle and personality. The colors you choose to surround yourself with often set the mood for how you will feel physically, emotionally and mentally. We’ll help you select colors that are appealing to you and complement your existing decor.
Interior Painting Services
- Sheetrock (Drywall) and Plaster Repair: Severely damaged walls must be repaired before they can be painted. Our painters are also builders with many years of experience. Sheetrock walls are intended to be very smooth with a very clean painted finish.
- Specialized Finishes: Paint finishes include water-based latex, enamels, oils, glossy, semi-gloss and a myriad of others. Ask about our specialized paint finishes during your consultation.
- Faux Finishes: Glazing, Venetian plaster sponging, marbling and murals are just a few of the faux finishes we work with. Our team of artisan house painters has the experience needed to create the look you want.
Ask about our special finishes and faux finishes during your free consultation. You would be amazed how much richer and more vibrant paint colors can be when using different application techniques to achieve a truly unique look.
Interior Wall Finishes
- Wallpaper: Our artisans have decades of experience removing and applying all types of domestic and imported wallpaper, including English wallpapers that require hand trimming.
- Cloth-based Wall Coverings: We work with unique materials such as grasscloth, silk, suede and felt as well as other types of cloth-based wall coverings to create the look you want.
Exterior Painting Services
- Exterior Painting including garages, porches, guttering, shutters and whole-house painting.
Painting on ill-prepared surfaces is asking for failure. We will ensure that each surface to be painted has been properly prepared to accept the type of paint you choose. We will remove cracked and peeling paint, repair cracks, tape seams and replace damaged posts or beams to make sure all surfaces are in pristine condition prior to painting.
We are certified for lead paint removal in the Westchester, NY and Greenwich, CT area. We will test, prep and remove lead paint using safe techniques to minimize the harm that can be caused by the lead removal process.
Many people focus primarily on cost often asking, “How much does it cost to hire a professional painting contractor?” The job from home to home varies so much that we can’t honestly give a blanket quote per square foot of painted space.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have questions about a specific type of paint, need a color consultation or would simply like to discuss your ideas, we invite you to call us at (914) 248-1300.
We proudly serve homeowners living in Armonk, Bedford, Chappaqua, Greenwich, Katonah, Larchmont, Mount Kisco, New Canaan, Pound Ridge, Purchase, Ridgefield, Rye, Scarsdale, Westport and other cities and towns in Westchester and Fairfield Counties. View all of our service areas here.
We appreciate you stopping by. Before you leave, feel free to browse our gallery of interior and exterior painting projects.