Roof Repair & Replacement
The roof is hands-down, one of the most important parts of your home. It protects the structure of your home from weather as well as keeping all of the contents and inhabitants of your home safe from the elements. Weather fluctuations, high winds, heavy snow and pouring rain are part of living in Westchester NY, and Fairfield CT counties.
The professional builders and roofing contractors at Gerety Building and Restoration have more than 35 years of experience in every aspect of roofing, including:
- New Roofs: Our roofing contractors can help you select the right types of roofs for your new construction, addition or existing home. We install several types of roofing materials including cedar (wood shake), asphalt (GAF Timberline Architectural Roofing Shingles), slate, terra cotta and the newer forms of energy-efficient materials.
- Roofing New Additions: Home additions often stand apart from the original structure of the home for one reason; the roof doesn’t match. Our builders will help match the roof of your addition to the roof on your existing home.
- Roof Repairs: Unfortunately tiles become broken, cracked or weather-worn over time. Replacing damaged tiles or shingles can significantly extend the life of your roof. Our professional roofing contractors will work to match the shingles used in the repair process to the existing shingles on your roof.
- Gutter Installation: Guttering is extremely important to the structure of your home. Properly working guttering can protect your siding from water damage, mud and mold. Wind, snow and leaves can damage your gutters and prevent them from working properly. We work with a variety of guttering systems including aluminum or copper seamless gutters.
- Chimney, Window, and Roof Flashing: Our in-house professional coppersmith will create the precise flashings you need in order to protect your house against moisture and seepage.
Choosing a Roofing Contractor
Not all roofers focus on the customer first. The craftsmen at Gerety Building and Restoration are homeowners as well. We understand the importance of finding the right professional for the job when a job must be done right. Our roofers are GAF Certified and go above and beyond by including or offering these important features:
- Air Ventilation and Insulation: Air ventilation and adequate insulation are vital to prevent ice dams from forming, and to assist with cooling during warmer weather months.
- Ice Shields: Homeowners aren’t always aware of just how important ice shields are. Ice shields under the exterior roofing helps prevent ice dams. This is not an optional thing for us; it’s a requirement.
- Heat Wires: Heat wires often help prevent those nasty snow or ice buildups that cause undue stress on your roof. Discuss this option with us if your home is plagued with ice or snow buildup.
Roof Replacement and Repair
Your roof is quite possibly one of the largest investments you will make into the life of your home. Choosing the right roofing company is critical. Gerety Building and Restoration has the knowledge and the experience you need to properly protect your home from the elements.
Here’s a short video from company President Keith Gerety on our roofing services and important considerations for homes in Westchester and Fairfield counties.
Schedule a Consultation
We serve homeowners living in Pound Ridge, Stamford, Ridgefield, New Canaan, Bedford, Armonk, Briarcliff Manor, Chappaqua, Cortlandt Manor, Cross River, Greenwich, White Plains, Westport, and other cities and towns in Fairfield and Westchester counties. View all of our service areas here.
If you have questions about materials, features, pricing or would like to schedule a free consultation, call us at (914) 248-1300.